Patio slab querry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just splashed out and had a patio laid in our garden.

I'm really happy with the finished product, but I have a querry over one of the slabs/stones.

We chose an indian laliptar yellow package, which comes in a varied random range of naturally cut stone, with an element of colour variation across the slabs.

The final patio - seems to have one slab, that just seems out of place. It has quite a marked greeny appearance to it and to us, just looks out of place.

slab2.jpg slab1.jpg

The patio supplier, and to some extent the builders who laid it, feel that this is just par for the course when you chose natural stone - does anyone else think that the slab looks out of place?

Sponsored Links
Visually for me, yes, it looks out of place. I can't comment on whether or not that would be classed as a faulty slab. If you look at the pic in this link, it could be argued the slab in the middle is quite distinctly different from those surrounding it, so it maybe is a quirk of that stone, natural product etc.

Lalitpur Yellow Sandstone | Castacrete

Sponsored Links
I've just splashed out and had a patio laid in our garden.

I'm really happy with the finished product, but I have a querry over one of the slabs/stones.

We chose an indian laliptar yellow package, which comes in a varied random range of naturally cut stone, with an element of colour variation across the slabs.

The final patio - seems to have one slab, that just seems out of place. It has quite a marked greeny appearance to it and to us, just looks out of place.

View attachment 263537 View attachment 263538

The patio supplier, and to some extent the builders who laid it, feel that this is just par for the course when you chose natural stone - does anyone else think that the slab looks out of place?
You could try getting in touch with the manufacturers regional rep, they may care to comment/visit, which may (or may not) have some sway with your contractor.

We’ve been to see them today and they were in agreement and more than happy to provide a replacement slab :D

Looks awful to me on that slab i would have put it in the rejects pile personally, not to mention the laying pattern is poor.

Did you ask for that laying pattern as they should not have any X of joints, they should all be T or I. If that makes sense.

Thanks - the builders are going to come back and replace the slab in question

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back