New Patio paving slab has got a slight wobble?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive recently laid a patio on a dry sharp sand and cement mix and all looks good but one of the slabs right in the centre has a slight wobble. I havent grouted the patio yet so am hoping the grout will fix it but thought id ask here first incase there is a product out there that can fix this?

Paving slabs are 450 by 450mm if that helps at all.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you haven't grouted it yet you can presumably lift that one slab and re-bed it? Bend a couple of steel rods or coat hangers into L-shapes, put them into the cracks then turn them under the slab and lift. Might be a stone in the middle.

I did make a slab lifting tool from a bent tent peg but I have put the slabs so close together I cant make use of it. The wobble seems to have gone. I have dry grouted it and I think as the patio has been in use the grout may have vibrated down and fixed the wobble.... for now.

Sponsored Links
After grouting and then a few days later rain the wobble has disappeared.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back