Best place to buy an odd sized door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks, could anyone recommend a supplier for an odd sized door I'm trying to replace please? My bathroom door is 1950x700 and I can't find any online that can have that much removed from the height.

Custom ones seem to run into several hundred, hoping to not spend as much. It's a 6 panel colonial style but at this point I'd settle for something that fits.

Cheers

Larry

Sponsored Links
As its an internal, can you not buy a standard size & cut it down.

If you use the solid wood ones (rather than hollow core) you can take a fair bit off top and bottom before you run into trouble

Sponsored Links
Fire doors will lose their certification if cut more than permitted, but (mine) are just a slab of chipboard with an ornamental face, so cutting bits off does not have any effect on their structural Integrity. I use them on the bathroom and WC where fire certification is not compulsory, because I like the feel of their solidity, and it makes them very effective at blocking sound. Unlike internal hollow doors they do not rely on an internal frame for "strength". I have one that was shortened by two inches.

Mine are 6-panel Solidor from Wickes, but there are various manufacturers making panelled patterns.

There is a softwood batten round the exposed edges that is easy to plane and paint, with luck you will be able to retain this where it shows.

You might find a near match in 726mm width

Examples

Other suppliers might have a nearer match. Howdens have a " Colonial" range.

Avoid the fake woodgrain effect because it looks like fake woodgrain effect.

Isnt this exactly what you want??

Door 1: 6 panel - 720mm (width) x 1550mm (height) x 29mm (depth)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I had these small doors in my 1930s house in 4 cupboards. Bit of love im sure you can make something second hand work

I had my kitchen door fitted, a really awful size that would like you have cost me hundreds just for the door.
In the end it was a pine door from Wicks, they can be cut down more than they say because they are solid.

Isnt this exactly what you want??

Door 1: 6 panel - 720mm (width) x 1550mm (height) x 29mm (depth)

I need 1950 not 1550 but thanks for the suggestion, have been keeping an eye on Freecycle but did not think of eBay so I'll keep an eye out.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Freecylcle and the like is dead nowadays, comparatively speaking, Marketplace is the place to find stuff, it can be difficult to find stuff on there though as their search algorithms do seem to be a bit crap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back