Best position for radiators

personally i would get underfloor heating its excellent.
but if you want radiators i would go for longer than higher radiators to try to distribute heat in an even way.
ok i have had properties with rads under windows where the windows got hot but room not,so i made a shelf lined the underside with foil fitted above rad and heat is directed into room not behind curtains.

Sponsored Links
To the op:

So, to cut a long story short, you can put radiators where you want, but under the window is the most efficient way of keeping the room warm. Use foil behind and possibly up-and-under (Eddy Waring?? :) the window ledge to prevent heat getting trapped behing curtains.

You could put a smaller rad under the window (eg 300 high) and top up elsewhere such as by the door, but use a free BTU calculator to work out the requirements for the room and make sure your rad(s) supply a sufficient total heat-output.

Sponsored Links
So, it would save money and energy if you relied on this and a towel rather than an air de-humidifier :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: I think I might add a rad in the garden to hang my washing on, then I won't need a dehumidifier, and no condensation either :LOL: :cool: :D

:LOL: :LOL: I think I might add a rad in the garden to hang my washing on, then I won't need a dehumidifier, and no condensation either :LOL: :cool: :D

And, you're keeping the birds warm :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

PS - don't forget the TRV, unless you have the stat out there too!!!

well that was educational :eek:

think I will go with positions under the windows as these are dead areas anyway and the other half has decided on shorter curtains/blinds anyhow.

may also go with the additional radiator for the bigger rooms

cheers all ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back