best put down??????joke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently. You’ll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE: We’re going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That’s a bit irresponsible, isn’t it?

GENERAL COSGROVE: I don’t see why, they’ll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don’t you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE: I don’t see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you’re equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE: Well, Ma’am, you’re equipped to be a prostitute, but you’re not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

Sponsored Links
lol this is funny, I will try to use this at some point maybe as a chatup line lol :LOL:

Hey greg, I hav'nt been on the other forum in a while how you been?

I might have a question for you later?

I can't believe the woman fell silent, that's not easy for a woman :LOL:

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”
Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

Sponsored Links
I used a variation on tat first one to shut up a co-worker in the lunch room..

he kept making little comments about my weight whenever he could in the course of a conversation, so one day I snapped and shouted across the room at him "Joe, I may be fat, but I can lose weight, you'll always be a ginger twit.." < ( that i was an a.. )..

it shut him up and there was an uproarious cheer from the rest of the cantee..

coljack,

thats a hilarious comment, I wish I could see his facial expression after you said that :LOL:

I think this one comes from Shane Warne when he was being sledged by the English team:

Sledger: Why are you such a fat b*stard?

Warne: 'Cos every time I sh*g your wife she gives me a biscuit.. :LOL:

Rod Marsh was alleged to have said to I T Botham how is your wife and my kids.

I think this one comes from Shane Warne when he was being sledged by the English team:

Sledger: Why are you such a fat b*stard?

Warne: 'Cos every time I sh*g your wife she gives me a biscuit.. :LOL:

That was Zimbabwe cricketer Brandes to the Aussie Glenn McGrath

Sponsored Links
Back