Best Saw For Engineered Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having cut a sample of my new engineered floor it's obvious my general purpose blade on my Evolution mitre saw isn't going to cut it for the floor (pardon the pun) It's leaving a poor finish.

Rather than try and source a 210mm 25.4 bore fine blade which seems to be tricky, and expensive, I thought I'd ask what the best hand saw blade would be to use?

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think cos you have an evolution, that you have to buy specific blades to fit that saw and as most are multi-purpose they may not be practical for a neat finish.
For me, i just replaced the blade on my 305mm macallister mitre saw with a bosch 36t blade and got a really decent finish when doing my floor.

I think cos you have an evolution, that you have to buy specific blades to fit that saw and as most are multi-purpose they may not be practical for a neat finish.
For me, i just replaced the blade on my 305mm macallister mitre saw with a bosch 36t blade and got a really decent finish when doing my floor.

Yep you're right. I can buy a sleeve to change the bore size of the blade but that seems like a pita as well. Luckily my two hand saws seem to be fine enough to do the job. I'm only laying 4m2 so it's no big deal cutting by hand I guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back