Best Sealant to use round Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Whats the best sealant to use internally to put round UPVC windows in a bathroom?

The bathroom window is tiled all the way round it so there will be no painting and i would like to apply the best and correct type of sealant around the window inside.

I have looked at Bathroom silicone sealant and it says no to UPVC, the only one i could find that has a tick for UPVC is Unibond Internal water based sealant.

is this the best?

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Allways buy the best sealant you can. Cheap ones are difficult to smooth and will get map/mildew much quicker.

Not sure why some say not to use on PVC... I would have thought sealing the gap between UPVC and the sill is one the most most common uses. There must be a differense in the way it sets on UPVC and tiles. Read the info on the tube the UNIBOND ones list all suitable uses

I would purchase a dedicated bathroom sealer, that can stand the damp and temp change in a bathroom. Dont buy BQ own brand or any such like. Go to your local DIY store and look at the various types on offer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back