Best sealant?

31 Oct 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Glazing firm left a gap inside, where windows meet the wall. About 3mm wide and up to 2cm deep. There's a whooshing sound when it's windy and a slight breeze.

Any tips what's the best stuff to use to seal it? (available from e.g. Screwfix, B&Q etc)
Sponsored Links
Should have been sealed at installation, but you should be able to use a 'frame sealant' to seal now.
If you are sealing the inside then acrylic sealant also knows as caulking is best.
However if you are getting a 'whooshing' sound then the external sealant may not have been done properly either, so check that as well.
It definately should have all been done on installation, but if you are choosing to finish yourself, then use a low modulus sealant externally.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local