best set of ladders for exterior decorating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What sets of ladders would you recommend for exterior decorating?

I use a 6m double, set of 6m triples and a 9m double but this isn't high enough for top of gables. And a roof ladder hook.

I do try and use scaffolding or cheery pickers when possible.

What does everyone else use and can anyone recommend a gr8 triple 10m ladder thats not to heavy.

Sponsored Links
I've used 9 metre double extension ladders and they've reached the top of gables ok, any higher and you should be using scaffold. There were some new working at height rules introduced a few years ago, not really familiar with them though, i just look at a job and do a quick mental safety assessment. The older i get though the less i fancy 30ft up on a ladder, at the end of the day my personal safety is more important than any job, so if a client won't pay for scaffold they can get someone else to do it.
Generally with access equipment just make sure they confirm to safety standards, youngman is a good trusted name.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back