goodbye goodbye- monkees again
hey joe-hendrix
burlesque-family

b****y hell Kendor was you in the war?
that would be the vietnam war ;)
your'e old enough to remember those ;)

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
Actually i was talking of the Crimean war ;)
now that is before my time :)
most of those songs were from late sixties or early seventies so you must have grown up with them also?

I remember all the beatles stuff but the one i really like was --my life

Freddie said:
notb665 said:
Freddie said:
Do you play guitar beastie????????

I teach it. ;)

come on then sort the queen stuff out

On "Queen - At the Beeb" album (recorded 1973) on the song "Son & Daughter", Brian plays an (amazing) long extended Hendrix-type solo which contains most of the Echoplex riff from Brighton Rock. The song is different from the version on Queen I.

I remember the record from the lp it was just after or before jesus but i dont think i have heard that tv track---any chance of a listen to it? :D

I have a dvd bought for me never seen in the shops it has some kind of old grey whistle test tracks of which --liar and a couple of others if you are interested and of course i have many queen lp's/discs

Freddie said:
I remember the record from the lp it was just after or before jesus but i dont think i have heard that tv track---any chance of a listen to it? :D

I have a dvd bought for me never seen in the shops it has some kind of old grey whistle test tracks of which --liar and a couple of others if you are interested and of course i have many queen lp's/discs

email me (removed for security purposes)

I like:

Led Zep: Stairway to Heaven
Nirvana: Return of the Rat
Queen: Ogre Battle
The Rolling Stones: She's a Rainbow

Well, best song of all time... One might say that the difference between a good song and a great song is that a great song evokes some level of emotion in people. One where people feel the need to sing along and have a good time.

One of my favourite songs at the moment is "Wild Rover". The old classic (if you don't know it, just remember those adverts for Clover butter: that tune!). For the following reasons:

1) It's so simple that anyone with the most basic instrument ability can be taught to play it in 2 minutes
2) Everyone knows the tune so can sing along with the chorus
3) The lyrics can be changed so easily to suit the crowd and the mood, with many "interesting" variants already out there, as rude as you like!
3.1) Being a simple tune it is easy to make up new verses "on the fly" (involving the names of the mates who are sat around you!)
4) It's such an old song that I reckon you could show up at an old people's home and they would know it.

AdamW said:
One of my favourite songs at the moment is "Wild Rover".

4) It's such an old song that I reckon you could show up at an old people's home and they would know it.
Well Pip what have you to say on that then? :)

No, Nay Adam,
No, Nay, Never No More,
Is That The World's Best Song,
No Never, No More.

I actually love wild rover but couldn't help myself.

Another song I really love, not saying it's the best, but it's a real good'un; Carly Simon "you're so Vain." People always say it's my song for some daft reason:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back