Best vapour barrier for bitumin/asphalt floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, sorry if this is a daft question but no amount of Internet searching has answered it.

I'm currently about to install a laminate floor in the dining room. The floor is bitumin/asphalt (the black, hard, rubbery stuff) and I want to do a proper job. I've decided to get the fibreboard underlay from wickeS as it gets decent reviews and is fairly cost effective plus the floor has plenty of holes and the odd slight crack.

My question is do I need a vapour barrier underneath the underlay?
Also, will this one do http://m.wickes.co.uk/mt/search.wickes.co.uk/search?w=Vapour barrier&asug=&un_jtt_redirect

Cheers in advance for any replies.[/b]

Sponsored Links
I have previously fitted a solid wood floating floor over an asphalt floor over fibreboard underlay and did not use any sort of vapour barrier. 7 years later its still fine.

Hi folks, sorry if this is a daft question but no amount of Internet searching has answered it.

I'm currently about to install a laminate floor in the dining room. The floor is bitumin/asphalt (the black, hard, rubbery stuff) and I want to do a proper job. I've decided to get the fibreboard underlay from wickeS as it gets decent reviews and is fairly cost effective plus the floor has plenty of holes and the odd slight crack.

My question is do I need a vapour barrier underneath the underlay?
Also, will this one do http://m.wickes.co.uk/mt/search.wickes.co.uk/search?w=Vapour barrier&asug=&un_jtt_redirect

Cheers in advance for any replies.[/b]

Asphalt is the floors DPM. As it has cracks and damage it defo requires a barrier sheet. What you have found is fine.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back