Best way of removing curtain from swish sologylde

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi so I realise this quite a basic question but I'm new to diy and didn't put up these curtains so I thought I would ask what the best method is of removing them in order to wash them.

My curtains are attached to a track which looks like this:

sologlyde-curtain-track_giant.jpg

The attachments on the curtain are like two woven in bands of thread and are attached to the top hook parts on the gliders.

What is the best way of removing this type of curtain: do you remove all the track first or is it OK to slip off each of the woven bands one by one with the track staying in place?

The glider hook part seems to narrow in the middle making the woven bands a bit trapped and takes a little force to get them off. I worry that if I tried to remove them when they're still up it could tear and damage the bands.

Sponsored Links
Unscrew or unclip the fittings on each end of the rail then slide off the whole curtain before wiggling each hook from under the header tape tabs.

The clips pop off by pulling upwards on the bottom of the clips.To replace top goes on first and bottom snaps back into place.Spray with standard furniture polish to restore smooth glide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back