Best way of treating Wood for Fenching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some "Treated wood" for my new fench but it appears it gets dipped quicker than a baptised baby so i want to treat it again.

My zaney old dad says something about Parafin and Diesel??

Or would something off the shelf be better?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Creocote if you don't mind the smell, otherwise cuprinol or ronseal product, preferably one with uv filters included (ie: not the really cheap stuff) . Spraying would be quick if you haven't yet put the fence up, but do it in an isolated location when there's no breeze. Not right next to the neighbours car!

i used old engine oil on my fence..still looks great, mind you i did this on the side that im never going to see...the one facing in my garden i used normal golden chestnut wood preserve available from b and q..

how would you apply the engine oil? just paint it on with paintbrushs?

Sponsored Links
how would you apply the engine oil? just paint it on with paintbrushs?
i used some cheap paint brushes, the ones you get from poundland...they come in a set, i used the largest one and disposed of it after//

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back