Best way to connect soil pipe to toilet spigot at 90 degree?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: Hi

Property = Bungalow

I've removed a long length of soil pipe to reposition a new toilet.

The old toilet was joined by two staggered 90 degree bends (like a staircase) to achieve it's position.

The position I now need is different.

As the soil pipe comes in from the wall it immediately turns on a 90 degree bend. Then it runs parallel to the wall for 2' (609mm).

I need to add another 90 degree bend to place the toilet where I want it.
(at the end of the 2' - not where it enters the wall).

MY QUESTION

What is the best way of connecting the pan and the soil pipe
at 90 degrees?

I do not want to use a flexible connector.

Do I have to add another 110 soil pipe bend and then a small section of soil pipe and then a pan connector, or can I do the whole connection with one 90 degree pan connector?

So you know what the end of the soil pipe likes like where I've cut it - it allows one of those black rubber fins 'blanking ends' to be pushed in.

I'm trying to get as close to the wall for the cistern as I can - as it is, I've got to build a box as the soil pipe runs parallel to the wall.

One other point - can you buy 110 soil pipe 90 degree bends?
All I've seen at Wickes/B&Q are 87.5 degrees - why is this?

Many thanks in advance.

Stephen

Sponsored Links
You need a 90 degree pan connector. The actual figure of 87 deg is to allow for a nominal fall in some circumstances. The difference is not very important.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back