Best way to extend cables

S

steviez

If you need to move a CU and the cables will not reach the board whats the best way to extend them?

Sponsored Links
If you are OK with a box at the old position, and it is accessible, then use a DIN rail enclosure with DIN terminal assemblies inside.

Something like THIS .

But the DIN rail box will be separate to the consumer unit.

Sponsored Links
and if you just need to extend them a little to fit a new CU can you use crimps?

and if you just need to extend them a little to fit a new CU can you use crimps?
Oh, at least five pages.
Not on account of me, I hope; I'm not a copy(ing) typist - you can always post some links if you want :)

The one little thing I would say, probably not too contentious, is that no-one should rely on crimps in an electrical installation unless/until they are confident that they have enough experience (and the right tools) to create crimped joints which at least appear to be satisfactory.

Kind Regards, John.

Not on account of me, I hope
No, people who disagree with you and me on this topic.
The one little thing I would say, probably not too contentious, is that no-one should rely on crimps in an electrical installation unless/until they are confident that they have enough experience (and the right tools) to create crimped joints which at least appear to be satisfactory.
Succinct.

The end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back