Best way to extend WiFi??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a detached garage from my house and the WiFi signal doesn’t cover it. I can’t run an Ethernet cable to it (unless
I dig the drive up) so I’m after advice on the best way to get my WiFi into the garage.

I’ve seen the plug in extenders and also ones that have two plugs, one you plug in near the router and connect an Ethernet cable to it and the second one plugs in somewhere else and it boosts the signal through the electrical cables, I think???

can anyone recommend what would be best for around £50ish??

many thanks

Sponsored Links
They can be a bit flaky , mine only work on the same ring main , those on my two radial circuits don’t .

Sponsored Links
They can be a bit flaky , mine only work on the same ring main , those on my two radial circuits don’t .
Well, my router and my main powerline adaptor are on the downstairs ring in the hall, I have another on a spur from the upstairs ring going to a socket in my loft (I have my CCTV WIFI connected to it in the loft via an ethernet cable) and another in the kitchen on the kitchen ring broadcasting a WIFI signal. They all work fine and I have no interference on my CCTV when viewing remotely over the internet.

Interference is just a conspiracy theory :cautious:

the earth is flat :rolleyes:

Power line noise is real but it's rare that anyone notices and effects.

A rather old school way to get WiFI a bit further is to add a range extender and then stick tin foil on one side to focus the radiation towards the garage.

Sponsored Links
Back