Best way to fill slow spots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Put a layer of bonding coat on a wall a couple of days ago however I have since noticed a couple of low spots (around 5mm). Can I fill these with a small skim of bonding (will it dry and adhere ok without cracking or coming off? Data on the british gypsum website says it should be 11mm thick), or would it be best to build it up with multifinish when I come to skim it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Should be fine. I'm just doing a half wall where the tiles removed the old lime plaster and I've applied two coats so far just waiting now to put a final coat on to rule off with a straight edge.

Should add, don't take too long applying as Bonding is for low suction backgrounds so putting it on top of the existing Bonding coat will dry out very quick. I keep a spray bottle handy if it does start to pull up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back