Best way to install Swann 806 camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just bought the above and was wondering on best way to install them,I was thinking off drilling a hole through my walls which are 300 MM. including cavity and passing wire through but looking at connections its gonna have to be quite big hole is there other ways as I'm trying to keep visible wiring down.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes you need a big hole to get the connectors through. You can get a suitable drill from a DIY shop. If the walls are conventional brick then drill through the mortar course, you'll find that easier.
An alternative is to take the cable up the outside in trunking into the loft.

Throw it in the bin and buy a Hik OR Samsung camera.........you will be changing camera within no more than 6months otherwise!

Sponsored Links
Take it back to the place you purchased it from !
Not fit for purpose ! As everyone says will fail within 6 months .

I feel so sorry for dilly. S/he isn't the first to have bought Swann without advice, and won't be the last I'm sure. But that doesn't make it any less disappointing for them.

I don't know any security professionals installing it know a few aerial installers installing Swann.

if its not been installed there will be no issues with taking it back for a full refund.

Notwithstanding the previous comments... Buy a small waterproof box ("adaptable box") and fix it to the outside wall. Drill/cut holes in the bottom for the camera's pigtail and your (shotgun?) cable. Then make the joint in the box. This technique also makes it easier to change the camera when you want to replace/upgrade it (although it does look a bit ugly). Don't be tempted to cut the plugs off the camera - it'll bu99er up your warranty for sure!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back