best way to prevent air locks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to prevent air locks when refilling the cylinder/cold water storage after draining? My gate valve to the bottom of the cylinder is jammed open and can't be moved?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Graham

Sponsored Links
it's above the cylinder, coming from the CWSC down to the bottom of the cylinder.

Bunging sounds like a good idea, can you get "special" bungs or would you use a rag?

Sponsored Links
you can get a 'Drain Easy' kit from most merchants, used for bunging F&E to change rad valves etc, but you can use one to bung the outlet from CWS.

As long as the tank connectors are not the type with two ridges on the inside!

you can get a 'Drain Easy' kit from most merchants, used for bunging F&E to change rad valves etc, but you can use one to bung the outlet from CWS.

We are in a recesseion so save your money. Put some foam sponge into a condom and tie the end. It does the job and you can chuck it afterwards. Just don't flush it down the loo! ;)

You seen the price of condoms lately!!! £12 ish for a drain easy which will last years and help with future plumbing probs, or £12 for condoms that you cant use for there purpose! LOL!!!!

i have used a bung before as my gate valve wouldn't shut off fully - i then changed the gate valve: but if the cold feed gate valve is LOWER than the top of the hot water cylinder, then you will need to drain down the cylinder water to just lower than that of the gate valve before you undo it and replace it. (as water always levels up)

type with 2 ridges on the inside?? what are these-rare types?? never seen them before!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back