Best way to run rad pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all.
I'm intalling a new central heating system in my very empty house. No plaster and no ceilings yet.
It will have 2 bedrooms and a bathroom between. The boiler will be on the landing opposite the bathroom.
Downstairs (solid floors) will be a kitchen, then dining room, then lounge.
With a radiator in each room, what would you suggest the best run between rads would be, and could I drop down to each rad or should I run pipes on the surface between downstairs rads?
I'm not connecting anything to the boiler. I'll get a pro in to do that and the gas.
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't surface run any pipe! It's not aeshetically pleasing to one's eye.
Drops to the rads are fine but will need individual drain off valves fitted.
OOh and track the walls. ;)

Thanks for that, Norcon.
I probably didn't explain properly though what I meant by the 'run'.
Which rads should I 'run' to first, and last I meant.
And do you mean channel the walls out when you say track?
Thanks again. ;)

Sponsored Links
Yes a channel and large enough for 10mm wall armaflex insulation.
You run to to what ever radiator comes first within the practical limits of your chosen pipe run using a two pipe arrangement starting from the heat source.
You need to zone upstairs and down stairs separately.
Part L says that anything UP to 150 sq/M of floor area needs at least two zones.
So if you have two rooms in your property (living and sleeping) then two zones operated by motorized valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back