Best workbench?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Buying my dad a new workbench for his 60th. His Black and Decker workmate has lasted him about 35 years but he now finds it too clunky/heavy.

Should I replace with a new B&D workmate? B&Q have one on offer this weekend here http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/handtool...ench-and-Vice-Black-Red-9375134?skuId=9675839

I'm happy to spend up to about £80 and interested in your opinions on the best workmate to keep him happy doing diy tasks into and throughout his retirement!

Thanks!

Gemma

Sponsored Links
Yes, you won't go wrong with that B&D workmate. Just check its not as heavy as his existing one.

One alternative that comes to mind is the Stanley Project Centre. This will be lighter, and has wheels and handles for easy moving about

ive got 1 of these,
if your dads old 1 is 1 of those old blue 1s then yes it is a lot lighter,but its still a solid piece of kit.which may be a tad too heavy for him???

Sponsored Links
I much prefer the £18 B&Q own brand one. The simple A frame makes it a lot easier to pop open and pack away without lifting or bending over. Not as posh so not as nice as a present, though. I use a pair of these all the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back