BGB on sale now!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The newest edition of BS7671:2008 (2011), the Big Green Book is now on sale incorporating Amd 1, available from the IET for £80 :eek:
Coming into effect on 1st Jan 2012

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like the IET will be releasing Amd 1 as a separate document like they have done in the past :(

There's a lot of reference to surge protection in it, RCDs haven't been dropped for minor work, maintenance free JBs are allowed providing they comply with BS5733, a PIR is called something else inc new forms amongst other exciting changes!
A gripping read, available at any good book shop :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I won't spoil the ending for you then :LOL:

They £60 pre ordered from the IET

Sponsored Links
The newest edition of BS7671:2008 (2011), the Big Green Book is now on sale incorporating Amd 1, available from the IET for £80 :eek:
Coming into effect on 1st Jan 2012

You can get them for £50 down by Electric Ave B6 7BU ;)

I won't spoil the ending for you then :LOL:
Very thoughtful! :)

Mind you, the highlights you've already mentioned contain few surprises, since they mainly reflect what was in the consultation document (or whatever they called it). It sounds to me as if the surge protection stuff may be rather OTT, but that remains to be seen, and I'll obviously be interested to see what it has to say about maintenance-free JBs!

Kind Regards, John.

Its a pure rip off, inventing new regs and renaming things for profit.
The story of regulations, I'm afraid. Of course, if they were legislated, they would then have to be in the puplic domain (i.e.'free') - but I'm not sure how comfortably legislated wiring regulations would sit with your "Regulations are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.", since many of the wise men would then probably become criminals!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back