Bi-fold - config question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, have a bi-fold door configuration challenge

We have an opening that is currently c2m and has a simple 2 bi-fold door system sliding to the left (viewed from inside the house). Very happy with that. But, as part of a kitchen de-design we’re opening this up to 4m to 4m20cm and need to replace these doors with a new system. Having to move all 4 doors just to open it a little is not ideal so we were thinking of alternatives.

Most likely option is to have the doors split so we have 3 doors moving to the left and 1 on the right. Possibly with the right door being narrower.

Things we’re unsure of are:

Is there a company that makes the doors in a very clever way that would allow the right door to either open separately outwards without moving the 3 other doors but also to be used as a regular 4 door set all moving to the left together.

Are there any other options? - We want max light / minimum frame so don’t want to go to a 5 door configuration.

Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links
I thought all bifold manufacturers allowed an end door to operate as a traditional door, talk to them.

Duration certainly do.... but as freddy says I thought all the bigger bifolds did just that too...

Thanks - my question wasn't maybe clear enough.

I'm aware you can have a 4 door config with 3 folding to left and 1 to right and this is likely what we'll end up with.

In the perfect world there would be a system that allowed the right hand door to EITHER open to the right (as above) or by turning a handle or something, be able to fold to the left with the other 3 doors. Just wanted to see if anyone had heard of something like this - I know it's a long shot :)

Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links
Only 3,5,7 pane doors will enable you to have a traffic door that folds same way as other doors. If poss make the opening 5m and go with a 5 pane.
An outside chance would be a "New Wave Door" I'm sure the same principle applies though regarding the traffic door option

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back