Bi folding doors instillation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I could do with some help, we got a company to install some bi folding doors in my mothers house paid 25% deposit upfront, they then messed her around before the instillation saying they would install the windows on a certain date, to then cancel saying there was problems with the door(Damaged), The gave her another date and she booked a day of work for them to cancle the day before, so she then couldnt cancel the holiday, she then booked a second day off and they was ment to turn up after dinner, They turned up at 4.45pm! intalled the door in around 2 hours (3 people) half also in the dark!.

She then paid the full amount, when i checked the next day i found

1 I pulled the carpet up to find a gap around 10mm between were the floor ends and the door frame,around an inch or slighty more in depth this also then links with a gap from the outide between the brick and the door frame aound 2-3mm in places, its very drafty and can feel large amounts of air cuming in. (What would you have to do to correct this?)

2. The sill of the door frame has a dent in

3 They have put sum pvc edging around the top off the door, The length isnt even a full lenght and has been pieced together, a small piece about 5 inches in lenght from the end.

We complained the next day, i spoke to the receptionist first thing in the morningand they said sumone would call, didnt get any call back, we left it till dinner to call back again saying we wanted to speak to sumone, the instillation manager did call 10 mins later and rearanged for them to come out on a monday, They then cancled this blaming having to take a relation to the hospital, They have then said they would turn up again this afternoon, we got a phone call around 4pm saying they were struck in traffic and were trying to make there way to us, they never did or call. the door was installed this monday and still none has been out.

im getting sick of them and there excuses, this is streessing my mum out, im not sure were i stand, im basically gonna call monday and i want sumone out that day! no excuses, if not can i get the door inspected by building standards, get sumone else to correct the problems, Bill the company for the work and then try to take them to court if they dont pay up?

im gonna take sum pics tommorrow so i can post them up if needed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back