Biasi 24s buzzing - no ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Biasi 24s wasn't on when I came home but could hear the fan running. Tried turning it off and on and it just made a buzzing noise but no ignition. Same in "summer" mode when turning the hot tap on.

I noticed the pressure was on zero so tried letting more water into the system and tried again. That let it fire up for a few seconds but it soon started buzzing again and turned itself off.

Guessing I probably have to call someone out, but any ideas before that?

It's due a service, had been meaning to get it done before winter but not had a chance yet.

Sponsored Links
somethings stuck, its a job for gas safe registered chap though, one of the parts is inside combustion chamber so please dont diy, switch off power to boiler engineer might be able to save part if its not already burnt out. get it serviced.

Thanks.

Yes of course not going to do anything like that myself, just wondered if there were any suggestions to try in case it was something silly.

Servicing should normally be done during the summer months when engineers are not very busy.

I am expecting you will need a part costing about £133 but it will need an engineer as it involves gas settings.

Did you ever get your boiler descaled?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yeah, unfortunately I had a very busy summer and now suddenly it's autumn!

I did have it descaled back in 2009. Thanks again. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back