Biasi 24S Combi - Timer Hell!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I've had help here before so thought i'd give you guys another go!

Back in December my boiler started to behave erractically. I called my usual gas man who said it was the timer and replaced it with a digital timer (SUNVIC Select 107 XLS). It soon became clear to me this timer did not work - heat coming on randomly or not when I had timed it to. I had also lost hot water in my bathroom!
My gas man came back and replaced the timer like for like saying the 1st digitla timer must be faulty. Immediately there was the same issue with the 2nd digital timer.
Apparently he now thinks the digital timer does not work with my boiler and has ordered me a new standard timer - same as the original broken one that's still attached to the boiler.
My questions:
Can anyone tell me if there is a compatibility problem between the SUNVIC Select 107 XLS and Biasi 24S Combi boiler?
Should I accept he is installing the old style original timer again?
Can I have a go at rewiring myself? - i'm relatively handy but don't have a wiring diagram for the digital timer

This same issue has plagued me for nearly 5 months with my boiler man being one who doesnt answer his phone and makes promises to turn up then doesn't! - but then that's a separate issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Cat

Sponsored Links
The Biasi 24S is a very simple basic boiler.

It seems to have a fault and you need a competent gas reg engineer who repairs boiler. Your fellow seems to have no idea and I wonder if he is even gas registered.

If you cannot find one locally then call Biasi as ask for details of their local service engineer. 01922 714600

Tony

thanks for this. I've emailed you with a couple of questions

Sponsored Links
If any competent RGI is prepared to visit Catherine then I will be very pleased to give them telephone fault diagnosis assistance while they are on site.

I dont like to see anyone placed in her situation where a boiler fault is not being identified properly.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back