Main Combi 24 he timer help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a main combi 24 he boiler. Yesterday I fitted a Salis rt310rf room stat to replace an old Drayton none digital one.

When I had the front cover off the boiler I noticed the back of the grasslin mechanical timer is pretty warm (even when heating is not running). So I replaced it with a new one (part no 247206) which also gets warm, so I guess it’s just a design flaw.

Anyway, I noticed that you can upgrade to a digital timer. My thinking is that this will not get warm due to not having the mechanical aspect inside.

Does anyone know if the wiring is the same as the mechanical version? By that I mean, is it just a case of remove the Live, neutral and 2 black lugs from the mechanical timer and putting them on the digital one? And does anywiring inside the boiler have to change?

Here is the digital timer I have been looking at - https://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/digital-timer-for-combi-boilers-p-352.html

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back