BIASI 24S Please Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am new here so please excuse me if I sound like an idiot!
My partner and I recently purchased a mobile home with a Biasi 24s 2001 boiler. We bought it in the summer and was only using it for hot water which was fine. We started using the central heating in September and it was fine for about a month. It then started being temperamental it was fire up and cut off after around 10mins. Then it stopped firing up at all! had local plumbers in who said there was nothing wrong with the boiler and it was a blockage in the pipes. They also said the pipes were too small at 15mm, old and should be replaced, they quoted £800-1000. We also had a friend who is a plumber have a look, he said it can't just be the plumbing there must be something wrong with the boiler as it ddoesn't light up at al.l He did also say the pipes should be larger as we have 9rads but that he could do that as a separate job. He played about with the boiler and now we have no hot water. It fires up and gos straight off for the water but ddoesn't light up at all for heating still. So after this my partner spoke to another central heating engineer who said Biasi boilers are rubbish, its old anyway and we should replace the whole lot!
I found someone in the yellow pages who is biasi approved engineer and was thinking of getting them in?
So questions are any idea whats wrong with it? is it worth fixing or is it old and rubbish and better to get new one?
Sorry for lengthly post but thought may aas wellget all details in now!
Thanks in advance for any help.
Katie

Sponsored Links
It must be some mobile home with 9 rads!

Presumably its working on LPG although thats not relevant to the current problem.

First its not a rubbish boielr and those who say that are just lacking in the skills to repair boilers.

Its eight years old, a very reliable and stable boiler and totally repairable if only you have an engineer with the appropriate skills.

The heating circuit shoule be in 22 mm as fas as the last three rads which can be supplied from 15 mm. Nevertheless it will still work but take longer to heat up and not deliver the full capacity.

The pipework should be corrected but sometimes that can be done more easily by adding another 15 mm circuit from the boiler to the far endof the circuit to split the delivery.

A Biasi service agent will have spare parts although it may well be a problem caused by dirt in the system.

Tony

Thanks for reply.
Yeah its 3bed just like a bungalow.

Yes it runs from lpg bottles.

That's what our plumber said about the pipe size, we will have him do this when boilers sorted.

By dirt in the system do you mean in the boiler or pipework?
Would this stop boiler igniting? And would that be hard to fix?

Overall though you think its worth getting biasi engineer in yeah?

Thanks again
Katie

Any competent engineer should be able to manage but few can repair boilers and prefer more lucrative installations.

So a Biasi service agent would be a good idea. You dont say where you are but I think there is one in Romford. Call Biasi on 01215061340 to see who is closest.

Tony

Sponsored Links
just to let anyone know who comes across this we got in a BIASI service engineer from Olympic plumbing, the guy was great, he changed a change over valve which cost around £80 in total, in addition when we had some further problems he came back and cleaned the heat exchangers at a cost of around £150 for both of them and it has been working fine ever since.
Maybey it would of been more cost effective to get a new boiler but the guy understood we couldnt afford to do it at the time and it has got us by until we can get a new one. it was also cheaper than changing the heat exchanger altogether and seems to have done the job.

Wow!

Mick Fletcher is really pleased with your posting.

In fact all the extra business means he is working flat out 25 hours a day this weekend just to keep up !

He does wonder why it took you six months to tell the world though!

Better late than never!
You seem to forget about these things when they are working!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back