Biasi Advance Plus 35KW Combi Boiler - Leaking at 3 way divertor valve!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just need some advice. I woke up this morning to find that the boiler had tripped the RCD and from my fuse box. Upon opening the front lid I discovered there was a little pool of water directly under the 3 way divertor valve.
-
I removed the electrical connector which connects into the 3 way divertor valve and noted it was wet, so I dried it with a cloth and blow dried it.. re connected and all ok now, however there still is very little leak coming from where the 3 way divertor valve connects to the 3 way electric actuator valve.

I have ordered a 3 way diverter valve :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIASI-ADV...068227?hash=item43cb723483:g:e2kAAOxyeR9TJbPt

Can anyone please advise, do you think changing this will solve the issue? Or do I need to be looking at something else.

Many thanks

Attachments

• image 1.JPG
    image 1.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 250
  • image 2.JPG
    image 2.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 304
  • image 3.JPG
    image 3.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
You have ordered a new diverter actuator motor.

But you say after drying that the existing is working again.

But you are planning to do nothing at all to cure the leak which spoilt the original motor.

You also seem to have opened the room sealed boiler cover in your desire to save your money by doing DIY boiler repairs!

Tony

you will have to get the leak sorted , you have sorted the motor but the leak will short it out again, you should not be doing this yourself

you will have to get the leak sorted , you have sorted the motor but the leak will short it out again, you should not be doing this yourself

I have been repairing boilers for years and have knowledge. What I am trying to find out is why it is leaking when the central heating is on. No offence but I didn't sign up to this forum and be told that I should not be doing his myself.. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
well if you have been repairing boilers for years then sign up for the CC part of this site if you are Gas Safe Registered and you will get all the advice you will ever need

Your posting does not seem to be what a competent boiler engineer would be saying.

If I went to a customer and just replaced the motor then I would be severely criticised afterwards when the replacement fails because I did not address the underlying problem of the leak!

You also clearly did not read the forum rules about advice on gas/combustion aspects!

Tony

Can a moderator please close this thread.. Not getting the advise I am hoping for.. Thanks.

Can a moderator please close this thread.. Not getting the advise I am hoping for.. Thanks.
what advice were you hoping for ? if you sprinkle it with fairy dust it will be fine ? do you always wake up in the houses of the boilers that you have been repairing for years where you gained this vast knowledge ????

It also seems that you may have been repairing boilers without being gas registered!

That is illegal !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back