Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In last three month Its had:

1. Diverter Valve
2. Heat Exchanger
3. Micro Switch
4. Pressure Release Valve

I should of bought a new one when I had the money but I have none now.

So the latest on the Biasi when you turn the tap on for hot water the boiler ignites everything is fine then after 40-50 seconds the boiler goes out cold water for 20-30 seconds then the boiler Re-ignites and this goes on for the duration of demand and it s no fun when your in the shower it has caused HELL in our house.
However when I need the heating on there is no problem at all I turn it on it stays on till I turn it off??

I'm desparete now and can not aford a new boiler at the moment any Idea's what's wrong.?????

Sponsored Links
Plate hex blocked due to poor installation and lack of maintenance.
Powerflush will solve problem and prevent repeat.
Replacing plate hex will probably help for about a year and then problem will be back.

Hi Bengasman

Excuse my lack of knowledge what's a plate hex are they easy to fit how much do they cost :confused:

Plate hex is secondary heatexchanger.
I think with your boiler the gasvalve needs to come out to change it.
Anyway, my advice was NOT to do this as it does not solve the problem, only takes the symptom away.

Sponsored Links
You dont bother to say the year or model of Biasi boiler!

Bit like saying "what tire do I need for my Ford!".

None of those listed parts are significant if the boiler is 5-6 years older or more and the repair was done by a competent engineer.

You can change the plate HE on any normal biasi boiler without taking out the gas valve.

But its still a "more difficult" job for a DIY.

The underlying problem is dirt in the system and you need a power flush or to add a filter.

Tony

You have a temperature issue!

Q. What controls the temp?

A. Thermistors

A small part of the CH circuit is used to provide hot water and this thermistor is more commonly the cause than the DHW thermistor.

Yes I agree that it could be the plate HE or indeed various other components even including the flue.

I'd like to stress the importance of flushing AND /or filtering with either a magnaclean, boiler buddy or other magnetic device as already mentioned.

As a former member of Monkeyhangers MCC I reckon you are in a hard water area. Do you have suitable hard water protection for your boiler?

Of course I assumed that your boiler was repaired by a competent CORGI registered engineer who would have checked the combustion chain.

Of course if you just had a parts changer who changed something and then left asap then there is another possible cause.

Dirt in the plate HE causes the temperature gauge to rise about 65°C. If its stable at 55-65° then it will be the other problem. If it goes up to 70-80-90 then its a blocked plate HE.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back