Biasi Combi Boiler question - London / Essex border

I agree with Khan there!

Much more likely to be a flow problem if he did not do much checking.

Most Biasi fans are around the £100 mark and if we were doing the repair it would probably be under £200 inclusive if it was really the fan which I doubt.

If he only charges £45 an hour then he is going to be charging for many hours work to replace th fan.

Even though its not the easiest job on that boiler its still well within an hour on site including the mandatory cup of coffee.

Tony

Sponsored Links
How long does it take to diagnose a failed fan unit ?

What makes you so sure that its not the problem.

Any RGI worth their money could diagnose a faulty fan within a couple

of minutes of removing the combustion chamber cover.

Biasi do have a habit of moving the parts goalposts.

From what I can see - If the serial is up to N241681202 the part number is BI1336116 made by LN di Natalini and after that number it should be BI1336103 made by FIME. GR1735 47W is an alternative manufacturers [FIME] part number.

Sponsored Links
Any RGI worth their money could diagnose a faulty fan within a couple

of minutes of removing the combustion chamber cover.

Yes but there seems to be no evidence that he looked inside the CC.

All he seems to have done is not heard the fan and assumed its failed. Thats usually not running because the flow switch has failed!

He could have checked to see if power was being sent from the ignition card to the fan more easily than opening the CC.

If he really thought it was the fan then he would have been expected to have opened the CC to check and actually look at the fan.

It sounds to me as if he is one of these annoying people who come free to "quote" for fixing the boiler and as he will not get all the jobs he goes to see then he has to quote rather high and he cannot be bothered to correctly diagnose the fault because his quote will cover anything.

I suspect he did not even take the serial number off the boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back