Biasi Combi Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Has anyone experience of fitting the Biasi boilers, if so are they OK or are they a No don't bother with them.

Sponsored Links
There are two main models, M96 and M110. One and two year warranties.

They are sold reasonably economically but are capable of very reliable service but thats only if they are correctly installed on a totally clean system.

The M110 in particular needs a correctly sized gas supply pipe but then all CORGI installers are required to do that although few bother.

Tony

nopityA.gif
nopityA.gif
nopityA.gif

change the flaming record

most installers don't bother :rolleyes:

can't resist that last dig at installers can you

why don't you install

oh yes we wouldn't you having to come down to that level and having to get your hands dirty would we

much sooner sit and spout a boring endless tirade slagging installers and promoting powerflushing as the answer to everything

we are not worthy oh great one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have a riva advanced myself, runs 10 rads, 2 underfloor zones, 2 baths and 2 all singing all dancing showers, no problem.
Only thing i dont like is the silly flexi condence waste.

Sponsored Links
FWIW I will be fitting one this weekend. The one I will be fitting has an Ideal badge on it though. The only real difference is that the clock is better quality on the ideal that I will be fitting.
If you are getting yours from BNFNQ take your granny on a Wednesday for some discount.
Before you fire it up remember to bleed the air from the AAV

Oh dear Slug!

Its the same timeclock! Standard 7-day on the M110 !

Furthermore, you must bleed the air out of the vent at the top right of the HE before firing otherwise you might damage the HE.

You also need to set the CH to the lower value as required as they come set for 24 kW and its quite fiddly setting it too.

Ensure the gas supply pipe loss is no more than 1 mB and also the regulator output does not vary more than 1 mB max between min and max power.

Tony

You are right Tony ! :oops: The guy in Grahams spieled me a load of shiite and I fell for it. I dug the leaflet out and the one I'm getting is the excel he C28 with the round graslin timeclock. The rest of it looks very similar on the leaflet but isnt a mini/biasi clone as I found out with a bit of research.

I have just had a look at the Excel details.

I dont recognise it as anything obvious!

The top part is very similar to the Biasi band B hybrid but the bottom looks more like the Glow-Worm/S-D boilers with the nasty plastic bits.

However I have heard rumours that Biasi are going to cheapen their boilers with plastic bits and perhaps this is one ???

There are several RF supressor bits which is very typical of Ideal designs!

Simple answer is that I cannot be sure yet!

Tony

can you take it back? Excel have had enormous problems. Ideal rep has admitted that they are trying to remove from sale to public discreetly and only supply to new build contract market as a cheapy :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back