Biasi Garda HE - Full sequence Ignition device problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I mat have the answer to this but thought I would check here anyway.

My Garda started leaking from the primary circuit flow switch plunger. Simple fix was to replace the diapram.

All worked fine, no leaks and boiler started well.

However having raplced all the panels the boilder no longer starts. I have again taken it apart and can see no obvious faults or unplugged leads.

Both green lights are flashing and after 30 or so seconds the red light comes on. This, according to the manual indicates a fault ignition sequence device (i have checked the fuse on this board and it is fine). However I only replaced this 18months ago whn the previous one burnt out. This one shows no sign of failure.

On demand (DHW or CH) the fan will start and so will the pump but there is no spark or even any clicking going on from the Ignition sequnce board.

I am about to buy a new ig seq device but thought I would check a few things....
If the ignitor had failed or there was a break in one of the two wires to the igniter would it trip the same error?
Why would it fail, it was find till I re-asembeld the boiler?

When assembling one of the connectors to the igniter came undone, but I pluged it back in, however could than have blown the board.

What gets me is that this is too much of a co-incidence that I fix one fault and another occurs straight away, can't get over the nagging feeling that it is a broken wire from the Ig seq device rather than the board itself.

Any views?

Very many thanks
John
Why would the board fail, [/list][/list]

Sponsored Links
My Garda started leaking from the primary circuit flow switch plunger.

Simple fix was to replace the diapram.

All worked fine, no leaks and boiler started well.

Well, that was wrong for a start!

You needed to replace the sealing gland!

Its possible water may have got into the flow switch. Remove it and measure the closed resistance. Should be < 1 ohm.

Tony

Many thanks, I cannot see the gland you refer to on the parts list or exploded diagram? Does it mean replaceing the hwole unit?

The old flow switch did have condensate in it so I replaced that as well. The switch works correctly and the plunger operates well too. Surely if that was the fault it would not trip the Full sequence ignition fault?

Regards
John

All fixed.

The key was that there was no gas flow and no spark. This lead to the culprit being the air pressure sensor.

However the solution was much simpler :oops:

In putting back the covers and shelves in the boiler cupboard one of the pressure testing caps had come off :(

Popped it back on and two days of freezing is all over.

Thought I would post in case anyone else made the same mistake :)

Sponsored Links
Thats odd, I replied late this morning telling you it was either the APS or the ignition board but pointing out that you needed a gas engineer for the APS but could check the test point yourself!

Perhaps some mad mod with a grudge against me deleted it!

Sorry about that!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back