Biasi garda he m9624sm/b problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how to put this without sounding like a tool, but i am a gas safe engineer and not come across this make of boiler before. I have been called out to a property with a boiler as mentioned in title that has broken down.
Seems that when CH is called for the boiler will start its ignition sequence and fire as norm then after about 2min slowly 'die of' and shut down(no gas but fan is still running and flow switch engaged). it does the same on the DHW too?

it shows the fault light of green (flash) red(on) green (flash) *Lack of burner ignition (no ignition signal from
the full sequence ignition device).*

don't want to just wade in with spanner in hand. so don't know what it could be.

have check the connections and wires for lose fitting all seem fine although there is signs of corrosion on APS and flue stat(connections seem very worn).

asked the advise off the old man who works BG contractor, he seems to think its the PCB needs changing.

also have noticed that the gas connection from boiler is 22mm and the installer has immediately no6'ed it to 15mm. The customer has had the boiler in for 4years but never had it serviced he also said it worked fine all that time so could gas rate be a factor seen as they run a gas fire and free standing cooker too??

also with the recent frost and never being serviced is it worth cleaning out the condensate to see if that is the problem??

so many things that im beginning to doubt my own ability and don't want to cost me or the customer unnecessarily.

any advise would be apprecated many thanks Aaron

Sponsored Links
Get yourself signed up to the Combustion Chamber and ask in there (send an email to admin), this kind of advice isn't given out on the open forum for safety reasons

As getting into the CC can take a bit of time, just for this one instance I dont mind if you wanted to telephone me ( after 10am ) from by the boiler and I could tell you what to do.

Its not the PCB.

Tony

Sponsored Links
thank you tony for the offer and advise from others. But i have decided to ring the customer and ect humble pie and just be honest. I was not prepared to start changing parts that i was not sure on. Had some conflicting advise. For me honesty seemed best and i was not prepared to compromise my moral's. Rather be a fool than a richard head. Customer seemed nice enough about it. I will keep in touch with him to see what develops. Thanks again aaron

Its only a boiler.

Its possibly a gas supply/regulator fault.

Tony

well i did check the pressures at mod valve test points everything seemed fine.

well i did check the pressures at mod valve test points everything seemed fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back