Biasi Garda HE Silver M96.28SM/D - Lack of burner ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The past couple of weeks I've been experiencing an issue with my boiler.

Occasionally when demanding HW/CH the boiler will fail to fire up giving the following error lights:

Lack of burner ignition (no ignition signal from the full sequence ignition device)

(left and right lights flashing green synchronously, middle light solid red).

Now, if I turn HW tap/CH off and wait a couple of minutes before trying again it will fire up fine.

This was a rare occurrence a couple of weeks ago but it's gradually happening more and more and I want to get it sorted before it packs up completely.

I consider myself a decent DIYer but for the sake of a bit of cash I'm not willing to mess with gas so won't touch a boiler.

Any ideas what this could be? Rough estimate of parts/labour to fix it? Recommend anyone in the Sheffield area?

Thanks,

Ryan.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you possibly have an intermittently sticking Gas valve, not something you can do your self, have a look to see if there is a pattern , i.e first fire in the morning after it has been idle all night

Whilst it could be the gas valve or even the meter regulator, the chances are much more likely that it is a partially faulty ignition PCB if it is the model with two PCBs.

They cost a bit over £100 to buy so total cost to repair should be around the £200 mark.

That is IF it is the PCB at fault.

Sponsored Links
He is a complete fool DP, he constntly does this , he has never seen the job , he doesnt know what is wrong yet he quotes prices , as you say some poor engineer is going to call out to this and if his total bill is over £200 then he will get but I was told !!!!!

The OP asked for suggestions as to the possible cause.

I mentioned what is a common cause and gave an approximate price for the part. It only takes about 10-20 minutes to fit. I take a spare with me for this symptom.

I charge reasonable prices. Many others do too. Seems that DP and Ian would want to charge a lot more, although I always thought DP charges less than I do in London.

Tony
Tony, what you do is your business.
Reasonable price? Are you at the comedy club? Some of the stuff you write is comical. One minute you are talking about replacing complete manifolds when service would be a lot easier AND CHEAPER, next your speculate what I would charge

Pain in the backside here is you quoting prices and timescale. 10-20 minutes. Take it you are whizzing around in Batcopter instead of London bus now to carry out a task in 20 minutes. Heaven help another installer who comes after you and has to charge for a living wage. You yourself have said you do not need to work, so leave that task to those that need to put bread on the table.

Last edited:
The OP asked for suggestions as to the possible cause.

I mentioned what is a common cause and gave an approximate price for the part. It only takes about 10-20 minutes to fit. I take a spare with me for this symptom.

I charge reasonable prices. Many others do too. Seems that DP and Ian would want to charge a lot more, although I always thought DP charges less than I do in London.

Tony
Tony you have absolutely no idea what my prices are, so to say I would charge more is even worse than suggesting that your own boiler can run without any gas, I am a professional gas engineer running a successful business , I do not use oscilloscopes, I do not need a lathe, I do not flatten gas pipes, I do however know what I am doing, and I have forgotten more than you will ever know , and I would never quote prices on an internet forum, your comedy course has served you well as you are a natural clown, while you were fitting aerials for the BBC, I was gaining knowledge of the gas Industry and have worked in nearly every part of the industry, to steal @Steelmasons term "you boil my ****" I have never read a post from you that was worth reading , you either read it from another post and pretended it was yours or it was complete drivel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back