Biasi Garda HE hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Biasi Garda HE M96.28SM/B. it doesn't always ignite first time when the hot water tap/shower is turned on. When it does ignite, the water is hot but after a minute or so the flame is extinguished so the water runs cold and the 3 lights on the boiler are as follows: the green light on the right stay on. The green light on the left AND the red light in the middle both flash together.
Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
What you are describing does not seem to be a known fault code for that model!

I am also aware that nearly a third of people cannot describe the fault codes correctly! Even more forget them a day later!

It could well be a faulty PCB but before replacing such an expensive part, I would be checking for the more usual causes.

My bet would be on a blocked plate HE.

But there are many basic checks that a good boiler engineer would be doing first!

Tony Glazier

Thanks for reply. We have had 3 different people look at boiler but it is still doing same problem and nobody seem to know cause, hence this post. I took a video of the lights last November and have posted still images from this for you to see. The boiler manual says it is a faulty air pressure switch but we've had that replaced. We've also had a new flue installed as the previous one was corroded and had a hole in the outer pipe. Engineer cleaned the Venturi which helped, but a week later when the new flue was put it the problem has returned. Not sure if that anything to do with it. Just odd that the flame keeps extinguishing. It also takes 5-10 seconds to fire up when it does work.

It is hard to explain via text but hopefully you can understand what we are saying! Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Evidently you have had three less clever people dealing with your boiler!

Whilst it shows a code for an APS fault its actually a PCB fault!

Before replacing the APS any sensible engineer would have tested it to see if it was really faulty! Fault codes should only be taken as an indication of what MAY be at fault. Since they are interpreted and displayed by the PCB that relies on the PCB working correctly!

Anyone who regularly repairs Biasi boilers would know that or could just search for where I have described it in on this forum.

The PCB is quite expensive I am afraid, nearly £200 !

What program do you use to extract a still picture from your video?

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony we have Mr DRL gas services visiting tomorrow - a sensible engineer :D

Oh I forgot to reply about photos. I just played video on iPad, paused it and took a screen shot!

Make sure you leave plenty of parking space for his van then!

I have also solved the problem of why your boiler instructions don't list the APS code!

You fitted a later PCB about a year ago which had the APS code !

Tony

Thanks for all your help Tony :cool:

Advised OP to purchase a recon pcb from CET. Should be fitted tomorrow and hopefully the end of the matter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back