biasi garda he

Make sure that anyone you call from YP is coming on no-fix no-fee!

That sorts out the men from the boys!

Its a simple fault really but few plumbers can identify it. I have often gone to a property after two or three have failed and many fit new parts to the boiler first!!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
cant see it crossing over anywhere! upstairs is a couple of mixer taps but they dont run through the hot tap when the blue inlet is turned off. It was all ok before this leak and all I have done is connect a stop tap and connect the pipes back together :confused: Honest!
thanks for trying

oop's gone behind upstairs shower unit and turned off water supply to hot tap. NOW even after I have turned it back on. NO water from any hot taps either upstairs or downstairs! blue knob in correct position and I am clueless.
Roll on monday

oop's gone behind upstairs shower unit and turned off water supply to hot tap. NOW even after I have turned it back on. NO water from any hot taps either upstairs or downstairs! blue knob in correct position and I am clueless.
Roll on monday

Why not leave it turned off and return blue tap on boiler to vertical and see if it all works normally?

Oh yes and tell us!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The blue tap is vertical. But there is no flow from anywhere on the hot taps. Is there a safety stop somewhere?

Take out the small srew in the centre of the valve and remove the blue lever. You may find the plastic lever is turning but has no effect on the actual valve.

Genius! so simple and like a pillock I didn't try it Many thanks now to see if the hot water works
Thanks again

It sounds as if the boiler blue valve has really been off all the time but a cross connection at the shower was allowing cold water through to the hot taps.

All very simple when you know what you are doing.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back