Biasi Garda M96.24SM/B Fault d.h.w and c.h Please help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Biasi fault with d.h.w and c.h

Hi, Please can someone help?

I've got a fault with my Biasi boiler Model: M96.24SM/B Ser: N033570604 and it's Approx. 4-5 years old. Right, sorry if this has been answered already but have tried looking for it but now starting to pull my hair out!!

The Fault:For a while our hot water hasn't been getting very hot, we have been only just turning the tap on just to get warm water out, until mid last week when every time we turned the hot water on it would run warm then freezing cold. On inspecting the boiler i noticed that it killed our c.h. with the lights as follows green light, red light, green light (all flashing). The only way we could get it back on is to turn the whole boiler off and leave for approx. 30-45min.

Called out one boiler engr only for them to look at the boiler and list various parts that it could be and giving me a huge quote £500+. Then got a friend out who stripped the boiler and cleaned various parts (now have hot water when it works!). turned it on and it worked!! No fault lights hot water going and c.h at the same time. I shot round to get money too pay and by the time i got back he put it all back together only for the fault to turn up again. He didn't know what else to do? So he i am!!

I have heard it could be the diverter valve? but the thing is i can get the boiler working if i take the sealed chamber lid off and if i leave a slight gap it continues to work why is this? is it getting starved of air or something fan is working! Please Please help!! Sorry for the long long message

Sponsored Links
This is combustion related issue and should not be attempt by a DIYer ,if you have cant find a local gassafe repairer,then pehaps you can get in touch with biasi who can recommend someone local to you

Totally agree with comments above.. Any good Gas safe engineer could sort that problem out fairly quickly with a common sense process of elimination.

Seems like you had a fool around to look at it - he should have been able to pin it down to one or two components at most.
Maybe he told you various parts were needed if he thought that you were going to attempt to repair it yourself?

The guy said he had a freind around to look at it , is his freind an rgi ?? , previous engineer came around , quoted £500 , to renew what , or to do what ??? we dont know , one should no every thing before implying or suggesting someone is a fool ???
See Biasi Compact post in combustion chamber !!!

Sponsored Links
:D Thanks for ya help and suggestions! Got British Gas Engr out cos they approve Biasi boilers, and it's turned out to be the Air pressure switch! So all back on and working Whoop!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back