BIASI M90E 24S - too much heat going out

JDo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about my boiler, except for other problems with it (technician is fixing ignition every three months), i am no expert with boilers but it seems to me, that the heat going out through cooling pipe is too much. The cooling extension part from metal or something outside the wall is impossible to touch with bare hands when the boiler is on.

Now my garden has a central heating, is this normal? Isnt it too much waste of a gas and my money?

ive spent about 120 pounds for gas in february. (2 double bedroom flat, 20 degrees tops inside, east london)

please help, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your boiler is a NON-condensing boiler which should not have been fitted after April 2005 except in very unusual situations.

You are talking about the flue pipe. Thats usually less that one metre but can be up to an effective length of 2.65m.

The inner part discharges the burnt gas at a temperature of about 150°C.

The air to be used to burn the gas is drawn in through the outer part of the coaxial flue and that is preheated a little by the hot inner tube.

Thats how the boiler is designed to work.

If a "technician" is having to "fix" the ignition every few months then something is wrong with the boiler or the technician!

You seem to be paying a lot for your gas!

Are you on a card meter which can charge 50% extra for gas and can also recover previous debts ( sometimes from previous occupiers! ) You have a right to be told what you are being charged for your gas supply.

Tony

Your boiler is a NON-condensing boiler which should not have been fitted after April 2005 except in very unusual situations.

You are talking about the flue pipe. Thats usually less that one metre but can be up to an effective length of 2.65m.

The inner part discharges the burnt gas at a temperature of about 150°C.

The air to be used to burn the gas is drawn in through the outer part of the coaxial flue and that is preheated a little by the hot inner tube.

Thats how the boiler is designed to work.

If a "technician" is having to "fix" the ignition every few months then something is wrong with the boiler or the technician!

You seem to be paying a lot for your gas!

Are you on a card meter which can charge 50% extra for gas and can also recover previous debts ( sometimes from previous occupiers! ) You have a right to be told what you are being charged for your gas supply.

Tony

Thank you Tony,
it is all pretty clear for me now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back