BIASI NOT FIRING UP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wondered if someone could help me please; my Biasi combi boiler (M90F 28S), is not firing up properly. It will work ok for a while then suddenly stop leaving noises like its trying something but there are no flames. This can happen on its own during a normal heatig cycle or sometimes when a hot water tap is turned on. I've had an engineer look at it who has replaced two sensors but this doesn't seem to do the trick.

Can someone suggest what the problem might be so that I don't freeze this winter!!!!

Sponsored Links
Intermittent fault on the aps possibly or maybe the gas valve sticking. Hard to say without more info or being in front of it.

It's coming back to me now.....the engineer replaced the high and low temp. sensors (?) as it seemed to run fine set on its lowest setting. On our normal setting (3) it just conks out. The lock-out light doesn't come on, just doesn't fire up.
I have to manually override and switch off then back on!

Any more ideas?

Sponsored Links
Went to a biasi with the same sort of problem today.

previous guy had replaced both the thermistors.

Turned out to be a faulty fan. Just needed a real good clean and a good lube.

Cheers for that; sounds straightforward if thats the case. Engineer is back tomorrow with thoughts of replacing he PCB board?! Sounds expensive!

yet i was at one last month and he'd had 2 firms in before me 1 said pcb 2 gas valve. I went for a.p.s or fan ,cleaned tubes and venturi out,perfect now

yet i was at one last month and he'd had 2 firms in before me 1 said pcb 2 gas valve. I went for a.p.s or fan ,cleaned tubes and venturi out,perfect now

As stated earlier, i did the same. Cleaned and lubed the fan, cleaned the venturi. Worked perfectly afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back