Biasi combi central heating stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Biasi combi (Model M90F.28S fitted 2 years ago) has stopped giving any central heating. The hot water still works normally.

I had not changed any settings recently but even if I overide the timer there is no response from the boiler - so it's not even circulating the water and thus I presume it's not a pump problem but the controller circuit.

The thermostat is separate and I have checked with an electrical meter that there is a circuit through the thermostat in the "on" position and that it is functioning normally.

The green linght on the front doesn't indicate a fault and I have tried turning the system off and on

Is there anythying else worth checking before I call in a repair-man?

Regards

Paul

Sponsored Links
If you turn the right hand knob to the "O" position then what does the green light do?

Have you checked the voltage across the thermostat connections with it in the on and the off positions?

When was the thermostat fitted?

Tony

Hurrah - I got it working again just by fiddling with the thermostat (which I also did yesterday).

I think the thermostat is faulty as it seems to work fine now - I wil clean the contacts and see if that makes a difference - otherwise replace.

Thanks for help

Paul

Sponsored Links
Since they only cost about £15 for a basic model then I am surprised you dont just replace it. It must be a two wire type though like a Honeywell T6360.

Much better though is a programmable thermostat £20-£100 as that can give different temperatures at different times of day. Probably save its cost within a year.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back