Biasi Riva advance diverter valve questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I have got the above rubbish boiler, it's old, but it does a job.

Last week I woke up to no hot water. The diverter valve had leaked and dripped onto a zone valve and tripped the RCD.

The diverter valve leak was coming from the pin which is actuated by the motor.

I brought a refurb kit and just changed the plunger mechanism part, without taking out the whole valve. While I was in there I swapped out the heat exchanger (I have 2 and rotate them every couple of years when they get bunged up - I de-limescale the removed one with citric acid and an untrasonic tank)

All was great. However, today I was getting hot - cold - hot- cold water. Similar symptoms to a blocked hear exchanger, except I am confident that this one is good.

The diverter valve motor was clicking and I could hear the burner cycling in and out.

Any ideas?

I was thinking of perhaps removing the DV and fitting the full refurb kit. Or maybe trying a new motor - the leak had been happening for some time and the spigot that suits in the DV was a bit rusty looking.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back