Heatline Viso Plus 24 Diverter Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a heatline viso plus 24 which has a recurring problem with the diverter valve.

Whats happening is that after rebuilding the DV with a kit, all works fine for a few months but then there is no heating as the DV is stuck in hot water mode. When there is a call for heating I can hear the stepper motor attempting to move the DV to heating but the boiler then cuts out because of overheating.

Upon disassembly and inspection, the rubber plunger on the DV shaft has come loose on the shaft and can slide back and forth.

I assume its been pulled too hard by the stepper motor and become detatched from the two circlips which secure it to the shaft.

This has happened a couple of times and I'm baffled as to why this should happen. Is it simply that the replacements I'm using are rubbish or am I assembling it wrong?

All info welcome.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back