Heatline Viso Plus 24 stepper motor/diverter valve question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Heatline Viso Plus 24 boiler which has recently started to have problems with hot water supply.

Last year the diverter valve was changed due to leakage past the shaft seal and at the same time the heat exchanger was replaced and a magnefine filter was fitted to keep the system clean.

Recently I've noticed that when running a bath, the radiators become hot and the hot water is lukewarm. There are no error codes on the lcd and the boiler fires up correctly for heating or DHW as needed.

I believe the issue may be related to the diverter valve not operating correctly or the stepper motor not working.

I decided to manually check the stepper motor operation by removing it from the housing and switching the boiler off/on and also between DHW only and DHW/Heating modes. I noticed in one mode the shaft of the motor was virtually driven out of the end but I was able to get the shaft pulled back in by reversing the mode.

Does this test show the stepper motor is faulty? I imagine that the motor shaft movement needed to open/close the DV valve is only about 10mm or so, however my testing showed the movement far in excess of this. How is the stepper motor extension controlled, is it self contained in the motor or via the boiler PCB?

All info welcome.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back