biasi riva advance he fault..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im a new member and this is my first post so any help would be great
i have had a new boiler fitted 7 months ago its a biasi riva advance he 32.
it has now started giving intermitant hot water,when i shower the waters hot then goes cold for a while then hot again and so on??
has anyone got any ideas what might be the cause of this please..??
if it helps the boiler is new but the pipe work is the old 8mm microbore..

Sponsored Links
It is under warrantee but the dirty plate HE is not covered as its the installer's dirt and not put there by the manufacturer.

The installer should sort it out for free as its his error ( lazyness ) that has caused the problem!

Tony

It is under warrantee but the dirty plate HE is not covered as its the installer's dirt and not put there by the manufacturer.

The installer should sort it out for free as its his error ( lazyness ) that has caused the problem!

Tony

tony can you explain to me what the issue is then as all you have said is its the he plate and the installers fault??
this has not shed any more light on the issue for me??

Sponsored Links
Oxides from the radiator system which were not cleaned when the boiler was installed in compliance with BS7593 have blocked the plate heat exchanger.

Tony

Oxides from the radiator system which were not cleaned when the boiler was installed in compliance with BS5540 have blocked the plate heat exchanger.

Tony

thanks for your help is this a common fault and is it an easy fix??
ill get on to the fitter tomorrow and find out if the system was cleaned or not...

It obviously was not cleaned! I charge £136 to clean them in my local area.

What he pretended to do should be shown on the Benchmark Certificate that he should have completed and left with you.

Probably he did not notify the installation to Building Control. Did you receive a blue certificate by post?

Tony

It obviously was not cleaned! I charge £136 to clean them in my local area.

What he pretended to do should be shown on the Benchmark Certificate that he should have completed and left with you.

Probably he did not notify the installation to Building Control. Did you receive a blue certificate by post?

Tony

it was a family friend that fitted the boiler for me..
ill be getting him back tomorrow to have a look at the problem, i know i signed something that he ha to send off and i have received something back but i think it was just the extended warrenty from biasi...
so all it needs to fix the problem is a good flush clean as you believe the he is blocked by some old rust/dirt caused by not cleaning in the first place??

I always advise not to work for family or friends! They always want it done on the cheap!

That was the warrantee he sent off. Not extended unless you pay extra.

Ask him to notify to building control as he should have done. Apart from being illegal you would have possible difficulties selling.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back