Biasi Riva Compact Combi Boiler m90E.24s - No central heatin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just come back from holiday and tried to switch on the central heating on my boiler. Currently I have hot water. When I moved into the flat a few months ago, I used the central heating for a few days as well so I know this works.

The scenario is:
Water pressure at 2.2 on the gauge
Green light flashing approx every 1 second
Timer set to 'auto' and is showing as 'on'

If i switch it off at the mains then switch it on again, it initially fires up for about 6 seconds and then goes out again.

The strange thing is that if I run the hot water tap you can here the boiler firing up and I get hot water, so maybe this is down to user error.

I have read the manual and tried everything, so any help would be appreciated,

thanks
M

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip. I have managed to bleed all the radiators and get the pressure down to 1.5. I have restarted and unfortunately, still the same problem. Any other ways to reduce the pressure?

thanks
M

if the light is flashing once a second it isnt recognising a demand for heating.

What controls are there?

Thermostats? Time clocks?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The controls are:

Circuit temperature and pressure gauge
Time switch (Setting the timer)
Lock - out signal lamp
Lockout reset button
Ch temperature setting
dhw temperature setting
Appliance operation liight (this is the one which is flashing)

Cheers
M

Ok so no external controls.

If you open up the PCB housing, check that there is a link in the wiring block thats located next to the incoming 240 supply then disconnect the integral timer. See what happens then. If the timer is faulty the boiler should fire once its disconnected.

Great, thanks for the tips. However, I am very inpractical when it comes to these sort of things so I may need to call a plumber out. Any ideas what it would cost to look at something like this?

cheers
M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back