biasi riva compact he m96.24sm/c2 lock out problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a problem with my boiler, if you turn hot tap or put heating "on", will only work for a short time, then goes into lock out mode, then have to reset, can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
There is a fault finding set of neon lights on this model , depending on what is flashing or how they are on should or might give you an indication as to what the fault is ??

There is a fault finding set of neon lights on this model , depending on what is flashing or how they are on should or might give you an indication as to what the fault is ??
Hi, the centre light goes red not flashing, the other two are green

Sponsored Links
Hi i have a problem with my boiler, if you turn hot tap or put heating "on", will only work for a short time, then goes into lock out mode, then have to reset, can anyone help?

Hi am having the same problem with my boiler. It is the same model as yours and found your thread through google... did u manage to fix it? if you did what was the problem??? i really need to get it fixed as i have kids and the boiler just keeps going off.

Any help or solutions will be appreciated, before calling a plumber..

please reply.. Karen

Yes it was the two temp senders/ probes on left of boiler, but i also had changed the circuit board as well, is now running great, so my tenant tells me, hope this helps![/quote]

Karen, at this time of year its usually a frozen or blocked condensate outlet pipe.

If its outside then pouring hot water over the pipe may help. A hairdryer is a waste of time.

Tony

Karen, at this time of year its usually a frozen or blocked condensate outlet pipe.

If its outside then pouring hot water over the pipe may help. A hairdryer is a waste of time.

Tony
Hi Karen

I had exactly the same problem the other day with a Biasi RIVA Compact HE M96.28SM/C and I fixed it by doing what Tony suggests. In fact, I got the idea from an old post he'd contributed to a few months back!

Check your pipes outside, especially if they have a join/bend anywhere, as ice may well have formed and be blocking it up.

Frozen condensate pipes can affect any make of boiler!

Its not a Biasi boiler problem. Just off to repair one now.

Tony

Hi guys -

ive just poured a load of hot kettle water over the copper outlet pipe - i turned on the heating and it fired up as it should and after 15mins it locked out again. i reset the boiler and the pilot light ignites and goes off 3 times in a row and then stops as if its giving up igniting. while this happens i can hear the pump/fan running as normal. after a couple of minutes, it tries to fire up again 3 times in a row and stops again. this process continues a few times until the boiler locks out and fan/pump come to a stop.

the panel locks out with a red light. on the left (3 lights) left and right light flash green and the middle light is a constant red.

What could this be.. if i fire it up or reset the boiler from cold itll stay on for 1/2 hour max. but if its been on, locks out and i reset immediately, it doesnt want to fire up

model number is - m96 24smc/2

Pleaseee help..

Thanks for the posts and advice..All the best - Karen :p

i HAVE THE SMAE PROBLEM WITH MINE, ONLY THE LIGHTS THAT FLASH AR THE FAR RIGHT RED, AN MIDDLE FLASHIN GREEN, WORKS FOR A FEW SECS THEN CUTS OUT. mY LANDLORD INSISTS ITS THE TIMER, BUT I HAVE TURNED THE TIMERS OFF. ANYONE HELP?? X

If you can clearly describe what the three fault lights are each doing then I can tell you what your boiler thinks is wrong.

But if you are a tenant then thats the landlord's responsibility to get fixed. Make sure anyone attending is gas registered.

Tony

the farright is flashing red, the middle flashing green. he is still insisting i play with the timer, i have 3 kids an no heatin or hot water for 3 days now :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back