Biasi Riva compact HE not firing up at all

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per the title, the boiler is a M96A-24SM/C. I went out for a run yesterday morning and came home for a shower and there was no hot water or heating.

The boiler had locked out. I reset that and tried to run the hit tap but it locked out again and did so on all subsequent attempts. When attempting to fire it on the heating side the same thing happens. The fan is kicking in, the circulating pump is running. There is a clicking that sounds like an ignition attempt. It clicks about 5/6 times then stops before the boiler locks out.

The lights that are illuminated are the red lockout next to the reset switch, the red light in between the operating status lights, and the operating status lights are flashing.

The user guide seems to indicate that these lights mean a lack of burner ignition/no ignition signal from the full sequence ignition device.

Having searched through the forum for enlightenment it seems that the most likely cause would be the pcb burning out. Is that correct? Or could there be other causes of that particular problem and light sequence?

Sorry for rambling on.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Steven

Sponsored Links
There can be many causes of a lack of ignition.

But we are not permitted to give DIY repair advice on gas/combustion problems here.

So apart from confirming you have a gas supply like a working cooker, the only other advice would be to call a competent boiler engineer.

Tony

Hi Tony, thanks for the response.

Sorry, I was not aware that I was asking an inappropriate question, as I had read many a similar question on here while trying to figure out if it was something I could get around myself over the weekend as the chances of getting an engineer over Easter weekend are slim at best.

I guess that what I am after is an educated guess at what is wrong/which parts would you bring if you were coming to fix it(based on the available info) and what it should cost in London to have it repaired. I have no intention of messing with it. I also hoped that this would be s good place to find a competent boiler engineer to go the job.

Cheers

Steven

I cannot tell you what I would bring as there can be many causes but I would aim to bring all those bits that I expect to be a possible cause, about 7 bits I expect.

But I cannot tell you want they are as that would be encouraging you to try to do inappropriate gas related work.

The cost depends on who you call and where you live which surprisingly you have not said.

In my local area I charge a diagnostic fee of £84 increased by £10 on a w/e and by £10 if outside my local area being about 8m radius E, N or W of NW9.

But then parts are extra and could be between £0 and about £148 .

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm not too far from you. I'm based in N21. So about £10 away ;)

I'll pm you now.

Can't work out how to PM you so will call you if that is ok?

Steven

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back