Biasi riva compact 24s

Sponsored Links
Open up the red/black ignition box (the CVI module)....it's common to find the connector pin and undersized resistor joints have broken.

I think you are on a different beast here Gasguru.

No CVI unit on this one. Ignition pcb is under the cover next to the main pcb.

Didn't see the compact bit :oops: knew I should've called it a day.

I doubt that you have found the fault!

I expect that its a rare and intermittent fault!

If so then its a problem with the spark and flame sensing electrodes!

To be sure that you cure it you have to replace all three!

For once I cannot ( as yet ) explain either why it happens or worse still just why the ignition PCB behaves differently from normal. All I can say is that it does!

The feature is that the flame lights but within about 0.2 sec the gas valve shuts off and it goes into immediate lockout.

There is no logical explanation for the PCB to act like that within its normal operational parameters. Somehow a feedback path into the ignition PCB shuts down the gas valve and indicates an immediate lockout.

I can immagine a fault with the electrodes but have not tested any faulty ones on my EHT supply.

It seemed particularly likely on boilers made about 2004 mostly within a year of manufacture.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back