Riva compact m90e.24s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey newbie hear after help

My boiler biasi riva compact m90e.24s starting playing up after 6 years it's intermittent on dhw and ch, pump runs fan runs sometimes it sparks sometimes it doesn't I checked out the fault lights on this boiler which say "lack of burner ignition( no ignition signal from the full sequence ignition device."
I have noticed a popping noise no sure where from? Could be pcb or flow switch?

Sponsored Links
There can be many possible causes of your fault.

Many are gas or combustion related which we dont advice on. But its also quite likely to be an ignition PCB fault.

However thats a 120 pound part and ts usually cheaper to get a fault diagnosed by a competent gas reg engineer rather than just changing parts.

Tony

Is there any more checks I can do? Im a skilled mechanic and I also do a lot of plumbing and electrics and I understand the boiler but like anything fault diagnoses is the hardest. Thx

Does the fan run at full rate and the boiler doesnt light or does the boiler light when the fan runs?

Sponsored Links
When boiler tries to start fan always runs I can hear it also pump is working to .
I've ordered a new flame detection lead and I've inspected in combustion
The boiler works fine sometimes, I came home and put hot water on everything was fine put central heating on came back later it had gone off pressed reset it tries to spark but doesn't ignite

As a DIYer you should not be opening the combustion chamber!

Its also against the forum rules for Chas to encourage you.

Tony

I repair boilers in laundrettes with a qualified plumber but there condensing boilers which only support hot water not ch. I'm a fully qualified mechanic / trainee plumber and electrician I never touch the gas but I just thought there made be a simple fix changing flame detection probe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back